Wassabi Ass Project | Hot Sh** or Knarly Sh**

Wassabi Ass Project is a collection of things, concepts, and ideas. What is hot ( in a good way ) and what is just a knarly big pile of crap.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Hot: IE runs better on Linux than Windows LOL


So.. I know that there are so far only 3 posts here, and they are all about Linux / Windows, but that is what the shit that is going on in my life right now ;-)

I use quickbooks online, and it NEEDS to have IE and all those crappy Active X controls..

Along comes ie4linux. It took 2 minutes to install IE6 on Ubuntu Linux, then another 3 minutes to work out that I had to put securty to LOW to get IE to allow the active-x install for Quickbooks..

And like - "holy shit".. I'm done. I now have IE6 running on my linux laptop, and it runs faster than it did when I had XP installed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home