Wassabi Ass Project | Hot Sh** or Knarly Sh**

Wassabi Ass Project is a collection of things, concepts, and ideas. What is hot ( in a good way ) and what is just a knarly big pile of crap.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hot: VirtualBox brings opensource virtualization to life

Wonders never cease. Today I ( painlessly ) installed Virtualbox from http://www.virtualbox.org just for shits and giggles, to see how it could handle installing Windows XP on my Linux desktop.

It handles it well.

In the last 24 hours this piece of software has been thrown into the OpenSource community so it's likely to get even better.

A month ago ( in my pre-linux days ) I would have met the news of this application with even more excitement as it would have significantly eased my concerns about letting go of XP.. but ironically today I'm sitting looking at this very cool thing - XP on my linux destop - and thinking.. What do I need this piece of shit for?

For those thinking of trying it, you'll like it. A very handy-dandy feature is that you can close the window, and you get the option to either "Shutdown Windows" or just save the current state.. Wicked nice.. only 5 to 10 seconds to get back into Windows next time around.. Try that Microsoft!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home